Nevertheless, when it comes to preserving a particular language, every effort
must be made by the intellectuals.

regards
Pait

BKPait
Manager: ISOM
7886

"ACHIEVING SUCCESS THROUGH EXCELLENCE"

>>> Dhyanjyoti Deka <dj_i...@yahoo.com> 12/16/2008 1:12 AM >>>
Interesting topic. I am a Kamrupi from my father's side. The surname Deka says
it all. The reason for this language dying is the stigma associated with
speakingit in front of people who speak the upper Assamese dialects. I do not
speak it cause my mom does not speak it and deuta doesn't speak it unless he is
angry!!

But yeah, I was ridiculed as a Dhekeri many times in school (cause of my
surname). Also I remember from my friends' stories how speaking Kamrupi could
have had a catastrophic impact on your dating life. I don't know howwe canget
rid of this taboo on the Kamrupi language in Assam. Probably it will remain and
eventually, we will all have a united dialect.

Anyway, those are my two cents. Very simple thoughts. I do not understand and
will probably not even try to go after the difference between Kharkhowa,
Assamese, Kamrupi, Ahom etc.

- Dhyan