Dangorias- can we please discuss other critical issues and  ideas like
introduction of inneline permits in Assam? Aren't we all Assamese who are
invaded by Bangladeshis?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Dhyanjyoti Deka <dj_i...@yahoo.com> wrote:

SJ, don't mind but the email below is out of context.

We are not talking about performing arts. We are talking about the local
dialect which is the Kamrupi language. Is it going to die out? At least in
Guwahati, the younger generation is trying not to speak because of the Dhekeri
stigma. Probably, this feeling will spread to the lower Assam districts as
well. How then we preserve this dialect? Maybe someone should write a book in
that dialect. Or someone should start publishing a newspaper? Someone who wants
to preserve his/her Kamrupi identity should do it. Remember, languages thrive
on constant output of literature. As for me, I am happy with my Assamese
identity.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: