On 4/5/2011 7:08 AM, Angel Luis Domínguez wrote:
Thanks every body for clues.

Some answers

1) Both assembler and cobol are sub-programs. They were called directly from
a main program builded in cobol to test. This main programa does measure of
CPU before and after calling.

2) I have made a revision of assembler generated by cobol but there are a
lot of LE modules involved. Difficult to translate into my assembler.

3) I will make a revisión about "G" instrucciones, but I have yet used them
because I have needed 128 real bits operations.

At the end, it is not a so important question. Only I was surprised for that.

Sincerely

angel luis dominguez
z/os system programmer - spain

Hi

You are saying the COBOL is the winner, but in which magnitude ?
(i.e. minutes or millisec  )