Referring to Chris's comment <-...extensively commented assembler programs
...->  I'm all in favour of well commented code - I believe 'good
comments' should be mandatory. But what is a 'good comment'?  Who hasn't
seen something like:

MVC    C89FLA,C60MGT       move C60MGT to C89FLA
or even (shock horror!)
MVC    C89FLA,C60MGT       move C89FLA to C60MGT

Is that a useful comment ? It does describe the instruction, but how
useful is the comment ?

Would anyone want to share good/bad comments they've seen ?

Sharuff

smo...@uk.ibm.com

Sent from my laptop