At 17:49 +0000 on 04/18/2013, DASDBILL2 wrote about Re: Happy Gilmore
(was Length question):

I understood immediately the Moshe part of the pun.  B ut i t took
me a while to reverse-engineer the MSG pun. Not having spent
significant time in NYC, my brain's first interpretation of MSG is
monosodium glutamate, which is the controversial component of soy
sauce and which many  Chinese food lovers try to avoid .  Finally I
realized it also means Madison Square Garden, whose location I now
assume must be somewhere near 35th or 36th off Broadway.  The
punditry never ends.

It is at 7th/8th Ave and 31st/33rd St (Penn Station). It used to be
at 8th Ave and 49/50 St.

There were prior MSGs before that location. See
<<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_square_garden>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_square_garden>.

Bill Fairchild
Franklin, TN

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and
murder acceptable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure
wind." [George Orwell]