Scott mentions customers and 24-bit and yestedrday Paul Gilmartin mention
'during the transition from 370 to XA'
and...
I'm interested about what assembler code 'out there' (zOS,zVM or zVSE)
still contained (probably as dual code path?) XA or 370 or 390 only code
path/instructions - and why.  I understand that not all would like to
discuss that information on the forum, but if you do wish to share
information/stories off list then please email me at smo...@uk.ibm.com
Thanks
Sharuff
Sharuff Morsa - IBM Hursley Labs
.. and a quick plug for...
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21577670 - for HLASM
requirements
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21595123 - for HLASM readers
comments

>Date:    Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:56:12 -0400
>.From:    Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: 64 bit question
>
>John,
>
>As a vendor I won't assume ..I have customers who still think we should
write our code in 24 bit mode. So don't get me >started. I know your right
from my experience , but I would rather be safe than sorry>

>Scott ford
>www.identityforge.com
>from my IPAD

Unless stated otherwise above: