> That is my intent. I'm asking for an address in (dynamically allocated)
> storage (RX-type address) and a length that the macro is allowed to use at
> that
 > address. I want to make sure the code the macro generates does not write
 > beyond that area. If the area is to short, I want to inform the programmer,
 > via
>  MNOTE about this fact and tell how much storage is needed. This MNOTE will
> fail a successful assembly.

I'm still a bit puzzled by this discussion. I would implement this thing the
other way around: the macro's just generate whatever amount of code is needed
and at runtime I would simply allocate the required amount of memory to hold
the generated code.

Fred!
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.