Walt, I think there was a change to GETMAIN behavior, but it's rather
subtle (low-end vs. high-end page-filling), and this part was merely to
reassure everyone that from a program's point-of-view, nothing was really
any different.

The key words are "remain unchanged".  The behavior (which is the same as
it's always been) is re-iterated for your convenience.

Proper programming insures all variables are initialized, so this behavior
should be irrelevant.  However, programs often clear newly acquired storage
for convenience or aesthetics.  The main point of the clearing rule is that
you should *not* clear storage when the system has done it already because
that wastes resources.

The APAR has nothing to do with CICS GETMAIN.  Read CICS doc for how that
works.

sas

--
sas