Tony Harminc wrote:

>One slighly related point: It has been the case from day 1 of MVS (OS/VS2 R2)
>that even though GETMAIN can give out non-zeroed storage, that storage will
>never contain data left over from another address space, or from a fetch
>protected subpool in the current or common space. This would be a violation of
>the MVS statement of system integrity, and if found would be fixed very
>quickly.

As an Assembler programmer I know it is very true, but where is that documented
these days? Just give me a link, book name or search argument so I can research
my Principle of Operations, Bookmanager shelves, IBM Knowledge Centre, etc.

Seemed I really need 'search 101'! ;-[

Side note: After GETMAIN, I always populate all needed parts with my own known
values using MVC instruction for example. I simply don't a$$ume there is
something there even if that means there is some overhead.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht