> Steve Thompson wrote:> It causes me to wonder, why DSORG causes a problem
> with a path or

> a file. After all, unless you know something special about the
> file, aren't all files DSORG=PS -- Physical Sequential in EXT,
> EXT2, btrfs, hfs, zfs, etc.?  Ok, in hfs and zfs they are
> emulating an FBA device, but still...

Programs do not access Unix files. Specifying path causes a Unix address space
to handle the file. It communicates with the program thru the subsystem file
(not disk). It is up to the subsystem to follow the protocol that the DCB
requires. Obviously, they decided not to implement every feature which is why
it fails.
Regards, Jon.