I might argue that MVS is sui generis, something of a special case.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Jim Mulder
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:15 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Fair comparison C vs HLASM

  Much of MVS is written in a compiled language (PL/X and its predecessors),
and I have spent the past 38 years making a living by debugging it using
dumps.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
02/01/2018 09:03:37 AM: