From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@listserv.uga.edu> on behalf
of Robin Vowels <robi...@dodo.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:02 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@listserv.uga.edu
Subject: Re: Fair comparison C vs HLASM

From: "Jon Perryman" <jperr...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 1:49 AM

> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:00 AM, Robin Vowels <robi...@dodo.com.au>

Perhaps.
But even if he was, the link map and assembly listing deals with that issue.

However, as I said, optimising is not usually requested during debugging.

>  Think of optimization as a chaotic programmer. The stronger the
> optimization, the more chaos.
> The best optimization will often make following the machine logic very
> difficult.

The last time I used a dump to find bugs in a compiled program was about 35
years ago.
PL/I provides all the information required because it has debugging facilities
built in.

---
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1T7auVlKJl3jtYyELTghGHKTSIY3lXyMMtMtr3d2gHlR0l9iDo5ZzNRe51Z0RiEeP4Khaka3FYceH5wm12Pe510sxM1FOFc4Ajx-yibc57VzC7USfuBQRxdr-IFVFS8n2rR8TfcQo-Y83g8QIX57qnwohnoFW0gCYc_UKSMqI7oiph-UA-wDrykmss_f5uOXsoN77PaB-kP5g3dwiBHGyt7qUKbJbrJaaA26lvlAiW5KCfzY4FstGBP-ac0nxvUV0MyuOpF50a2Oc_UOsEFkJ4-ToDFJTM90dGjZZkgPhZqeweThdWUVgLScfXHEMsaxOIZ4VABWTfcpvxYL0qOxTQi0wkgl7x0H35OpbfWnZ4oHZNORiSTuyCrKkB2flarP1GSID3b_RS6DtioTHkcODFz9j_9xTge6IgjHVYF1Lhr3yJQubzckxfTeVtvYhgt3j/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fantivirus