>> Jon Perryman wrote:
>> For large complicated problems, assembler is the language of choice.
> Martin Ward wrote:
> For large complicated problems a domain-specific language,
> targeted at the problem domain, is the language of choice.

IBM assembler is the only language that I know which is easily tailored by the
programmer to be domain specific.  C has functions to reduce complication. C++
and other OOP languages have objects. Assembler can easily do this thru macro's
and it has other tools to greatly reduce complexity. E.g. non-linear
programming allows you to easily group source code that assembles in multiple
locations in the module.

> Martin Ward wrote:
> Does assembler encourage good coding practices?

No, assembler does not. However, it gives you the tools create really good
coding practices and IBM has set a really good example thru their use of
macro's to reduce complexity.

Regards, Jon.