Yep, and that is the way I tend to code applications in HLASM or other
assembler languages as well. That methodology doesn’t set well with everyone
though, as it is “not efficient” or “wastes code” or “but why would I go to the
trouble?” And of course, HLASM doesn’t enforce this practice, even if you use
some of the structured macros. :)

I assume you also tend to use concepts like Data Typing where appropriate, and
so on. These are all very good “best practices” in my opinion - practices of
which I heartily approve of course.

In fact, I contend that OOD (Object Oriented Development) is nothing less than
a codification of all these kinds of best practices that programmers and
engineers have learned and built up over the years. Given that, of course OOD
applies to almost any possible project and can be applied to any
implementation.

OOP (Object Oriented Programming) however, is a much more specific instance,
and is concerned much more with implementation than design. It is subject to
endless arguments, stirs up religious fervor among the adherents of it’s
various sects, and oftimes -  a practice that just gets in the way of doing the
job.

It’s a lot like Agile development that way.  And whatever you do, unless you
want a really heated debate, don’t tell that to an Agile/SCRUM evangelist! :)

-Paul