From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@listserv.uga.edu> on behalf
of Bernd Oppolzer <bernd.oppol...@t-online.de>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:39 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@listserv.uga.edu
Subject: Re: Call by name

Am 14.02.2018 um 17:34 schrieb Seymour J Metz:
> You're thinking of Pascal. In Algol 60 labels could certaainly be integers,
> but didn't have to be. Instead of designing Pascal to make GOTO less
> necessary, Wirth just made it more dangerous  )-:

I don't understand your comment. Labels in Pascal a integer constant,
followed by a colon, which have to be coded in front of a statement.
Furthermore, there must be a declaration for them (e.g. label 10;).
There is no danger in using them, apart from the general problem
that labels have ("goto considered harmful").

In 2011, I added break, continue and return statements to my version
of the Stanford Pascal compiler, and this allowed me to remove most of
the labels - and gotos - which were in the compiler source code (which
is in Pascal, too);
because most labels were used to do exactly such things (like break,
continue
or return).

Stanford Pascal homepage:
http://secure-web.cisco.com/1RC63R3qXmHgGVXcVSKI88MTb_8Az7s_wdec2_oVVBCIzdOXTVV8Xgguxb5tVPRSSy0g9FTVlQLjbqxDrCn1_7XtWnxfPcFKW8IQ5yhIwrKPEhM3Jkdm1kniwDvVOQ8E9GBzJV7USAtx9oNf8L_id5B5AmWkikX5jzUVnHX6rlISd9xn6g8yyh6yWfN7vL71KaDNyAw0O50CGahT4BsALhVM8K6QXiBf-RnpkRYQemRSkPfM5GynweCdQN5NvyLUcBU5TfwpVYMEFtZbM3XWRZFvPFoWNtuLyaoqQLss2NiN5Ce-mXszPFjXUw5QTt3gVXeOKAo_DwF9COgc88QeT1nEf6poba2RWnBRUDBdl5naCTdbA2JsloikGrNBkmjP1hzVxTyWkFamuJBggbC0o5x1EjYRHRX6-7fKUAChQXouj2xV-lisGqYdJOFzfL1qK/http%3A%2F%2Fbernd-oppolzer.de%2Fjob9.htm