From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Dave Clark [dlcl...@winsupplyinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 5:20 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Saving Caller's 64-bit Regsiters (was: Unsigned Binary Formats)

"IBM Mainframe Assembler List" <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
01/19/2022 05:12:36 PM:
> Is register 2 considered volatile for the 64 bit high half?
>
> If not, then how do you know if the macro user will preserve and
> restore the register?

        There is no macro, but I think I get your point.  Although testing
seems to be going just fine at the moment, I guess I better investigate
how to save the caller's registers as 64-bit registers instead of just as
32-bit registers as I am doing now.  Any hints to start my investigation
would be welcome.   ;-)

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
int.ext: 91078
direct: (937) 531-6378

Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary
information. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all
copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this
message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any error in transmission.