---------  begin snippet (from Steve Smith)
That's the old-fashioned way.  This is the new way:

        ORG *,16
---------  end snippet

The assembler still cares about SECTALGN.  The "old fashioned way"
works fine, independent of SECTALGN.  Also, note that I explicitly
stated mapping quad word aligned storage areas, which, as you and
others have noted, can be easily obtained using STORAGE
OBTAIN,STARTBDY=4 (and other methods, such as the various Cell Pool
services).

With respect to ensuring "the alignment matches", it pretty much is
always important (I'm sure that you could come up with some use case
where you intentionally want a mismatch of the alignment).