From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf
of Paul Gilmartin <00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2023 10:48 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Reseting RMODE

(Don't be greedy; don't set personal "Reply-to:")

On 12/4/23 07:28:51, João Reginato wrote:
> As I've said before, I wasn't clear enough here.
> My intent is to change the RMODE during the compilation phase only.
> I have all CSECTS with RMODE ANY so, one of them, need to be RMODE 24, and I
> cannot change it because the HLASM doesn't allow that. despite it hasn't
> finished the compilation of all my csects, issuing the message reported
> before.
>.
Ir would be marginally useful if HLASM, when the programmer codes
conflicting RMODE instructions, chose the one most restrictive.

But you can simulate this by setting a GBLA wherever any RMODE
is needed and choosing the least one with AIF logic near the
end of your assembly.

--
gil