> My problem's related to setting up a smarthost, it doesn't seems to be
> working fine in exchange 2k3... I did have ASSP relay port set, I
telnet
> it it's working, and I've done 2 tests, one ASSP relay host on my
exchange
> server with a virtual smtp server and after that tryed with a smtp
server
> installed on the same host as ASSP, but mails don't go out...

the recommended setup is having ASSP and an SMTP engine (e.g. the
IIS one) sitting on a separate box; this box will receive all the
incoming
emails from the internet and the "good" ones are handled by ASSP to
the SMTP engine which in turn routes them to the internal MTA (that is,
Exchange in your case); the box also receives outgoing emails from
the MTA on the ASSP "relayport" and forwards those messages to
the SMTP engine which sends them to the destination MX; by the way
you'll need to setup your MTA to use the ASSP host as its smarthost
and to use the "relayport" for such a job; in case your MTA can't use
alternate ports, a quick trick will be adding a second IP to the ASSP
box and binding the relayport to "secondip:25" while the regular port
will be bound to "primaryip:25"; also, to avoid problems you'll need
to setup the SMTP engine to allow relaying for the localhost (or for
whatever IP you'll use to contact it from ASSP) and you'll need to
remove the SMTP limitations (size, connections...)

To make the above work, you'll need to setup the SMTP engine with
a "fake domain" so that all messages seen by the SMTP engine will
be considered "external" and will be routed to their destination; to let
the internal routing (internet to internal MTA) you'll need to use a
trick
that is, to setup things so that ASSP will resolve the  MX for your
internal
domains with the IP of the internal MTA; this may easily be achieved
by installing a DNS on the ASSP box, configuring the local domains
as primaries on the DNS and setting up the needed MX/A records to
point to the internal MTA (as a bonus having a local, recursive DNS
also helps improving all the DNS operations like RBL lookups and
MX lookups)

The flow in such a config will be the following

Inbound:
Internet -> ASSP -> Local SMTP -> MTA

Outbound:
MTA -> ASSP relayport -> Local SMTP -> Internet

by the way, you'll also need to setup things to check for the existence
of the local addresses for incoming emails, to do so you may either
use LDAP or setup the EXPN/VRFY checks by using the localdomains
syntax "domain=>internal_mta" so that ASSP will issue VRFY/EXPN
commands to the internal SMTP to check for the existence of the RCPT
mailboxes

What else... yes, to diagnose problems, in case you're using the IIS
SMTP
on the ASSP box, you may then enable the SMTP full logging (set it up to
daily or weekly logging for high traffic systems) and then use the
LogParser
Lizard http://www.lizardl.com/PageHtml.aspx?lng=2&PageId=18 to examine
the logs and track issues

HTH