From: Маллиндайн Стивен (Steve Mallindine) [mailto:st...@sc.ru.ru]
Sent: 13 сентября 2009 г. 13:58
To: ASSP development mailing list
Subject: Re: [Assp-test] Rebuild spamdb questions (Multithreading, uploading
GrIP list, rebuild at start)

Hi Alexander,

1. My spamdb rebuild is taken about the same time (virtual Linux
machine, 512mb ram, mysql db for spamdb) for a similar amount of
messages, so I think the time taken might be normal.
And as far as I know, spamdb rebuild is in a separate thread (worker
1001).

2. I would suggest installing windows netmon or maybe wireshark to
monitor the traffic for the grplist upload.

3. I also saw a problem with perl/windows after an extended period of
time (but mine was more like 72 hours). System would gradually grind
to a halt with perl at 100% process utilization. (it was early 2.x...)
it's the main reason I switched to rubbing ASSP on Linux.

As far as the test enviroment goes, you could duplicate (90%) by
telling your receiving MTA to mirror all traffic to your test ASSP
system. That would generate the traffic (but of course, all from 1 ip).

Hope this helps

Steve

Sent from my iPhone