On 29 August 2012 13:54, Roland Mainz <roland.ma...@nrubsig.org> wrote:
> [Forwarding since AT&T's spam filter is on drugs... ;-(( ]

I'd prefer option {b}, too. Strongly (sorry David and Glenn :)).
It sounds like the more sane and flexible way to do this. The big road
block is that you have to find a solution for old platforms which do
not have openat() and friends, or EOS (end-of-support) them (I'd
support that if no platform younger than four years lacks openat() and
friends).

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blanc...@googlemail.com>