On 29 August 2012 15:10, Glenn Fowler <g...@research.att.com> wrote:

> we're going to take some research leeway and investigate the implications of
> {a}
> we're not strangers to doing stuff like that (3d(1))
> and we're not strangers to having research prove us wrong

Well, if you use {a} then please remove the mamfile code which
generates libshell.so - libshell.a is sufficient to build ksh. So far
a shared library of libshell doesn't make sense until it gets actually
usable for embedding. Right now it doesn't work for that purpose and
if you pick {a} over {b} then I don't see a chance that it'll get any
better anytime soon.

Lionel