On 7 October 2012 20:10, Glenn Fowler <g...@research.att.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 15:58:26 +0200 Cedric Blancher wrote:
>> On 6 October 2012 09:31, Glenn Fowler <g...@research.att.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > ast ksh 2012-10-04 alpha source packages have been posted to
>> >         www.research.att.com/sw/download/alpha/
>
>> Has anyone managed to build this? package make just returns with exit
>> code 0 without any output (Debian Linux).
>
> in a vanilla environment (no ast in PATH) I just did
>         bin/package read
>         bin/package make
> and it built
>
> maybe you had a ksh alpha on PATH?

No, the build machine was a test setup with a buggy debug version of
'dash'. Our admins told me I can 'have that box' but omitted the
detail that the setup was broken. Not your fault, not my fault, not
the fault of the admins who assumed I'd reinstall the box myself
instead of testing one of their experiments.

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blanc...@googlemail.com>
Institute Pasteur