On 10/1/2020 7:56 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
Around this time each year a discussion always spurs (be it on IRC or at AstriDevCon) about deprecating modules, and removing them. I always find myself asking "what is our real process for doing this?" in my head and end up trying to piece it together based on some information here and there on the wiki plus past experience. I'd like to better document this and put something more concrete into place. To that end I'd like to propose the following:

Thanks for putting these thoughts on paper.

No matter what is ultimately decided, I would like to propose that we have some kind of scheduled x-number-of-months-before-release discussion where we can propose that a module be deprecated. It's good to have process around it, but I feel like we always end up discussing it _just after_ a new major version is released and it is too late to do anything about.

Kind regards,
Sean