Ray wrote:
> Could anybody give me an authoritative answer on whether
> Asterisk can support T.38 pass-through when the clients
> are behind NAT?  We have Asterisk servicing clients behind
> NAT (with nat=route, canreinvite=no) and would love to get
> T.38 going but have had no luck so far.  The following case:

> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7844

Authoritative?  Nope.  But I'll try to help anyways...
        1.  t38pt_udptl must be set to yes in [general] in sip.conf

> ...suggests that T.38 *does* now work for clients behind NAT
> but I have the latest SVN trunk but still cannot get it to work?
> On the other side I have seen on this list only 2 weeks or so ago:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg172556.ht
ml

> This suggests that T.38 does *NOT* work behind NAT?  So, can
> anybody save me the trouble and tell me how it is.  Am I on a
> hiding to nothing trying to get T.38 going with NAT?  Please put
> me out of my misery! :)
Part of an age old issue that doesn't bear repeating, but is also not
terribly accurate or relevant.

> Cheers,
> Ray

Capture a debug log of a failed T.38 session and post it on Mantis.
Make sure to set:
        >core set verbose 4
        >core set debug 4
        >sip set debug

Testing and (what little) feedback the developers have received indicate
that it SHOULD work with the latest SVN.

> PS. Does anybody know whether OpenPBX would support T.38 and NAT
> configurations?  This was my backup plan if I couldn't get it to go in

> Asterisk.

No idea.

Dan