Thank you, that is exactly what I needed.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joshua Colp
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:35
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [asterisk-users] Do I understand GROUPs correctly?

Greetings Mike,

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 11:28 -0500, Mike wrote:
> Ok, that sort of makes sense.  But what I am doing is passing off a
> call into my Asterisk system to a cell phone.  I want this to count as
> 2 "channels".  So, I am doing, in effect, this kind of algo:
>
> Answer the call
> Set(Group) to increment channel to 1
> Play IVR, go into menus, etc.
>
> Eventually go into a "Set(group) again to increment channel before
> dialing a cell phone using a "dial(cellphone#)" cmd.
>
> If that doesn't work, how do I accomplish the same kind of thing
elegantly?

>From "show application Dial":

If the OUTBOUND_GROUP variable is set, all peer channels created by this
application will be put into that group (as in
Set(GROUP()=...).

This would make it so that your outgoing channel would be in the group and
the count would be 2. Is this what you are looking for?

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.