On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

>> Polycom 501's are pretty good and relatively inexpensive.

> [mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Andy
> Graybeal

> Should I be worried that the Polycom 501 has been discontinued?  What
> does this even imply... that they won't be putting out any BIOS updates
> (if there even is a BIOS on phones...)
>
> Sounds like they'd be cheap to get on ebay though :)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> It is already a relative PITA to get BIOS updates - that being said,
> when you are able to get them, there are plenty and Polycom is pretty
> good about updating BIOS for "discontinued" phones.

It has been my experience that it is easier to get Polycom firmware
updates (just download off their web site) than just about anybody
<cough>cisco sucks<cough> else.

Polycom even has PDFs on how to set up TFTP, FTP, or HTTP servers and
guides on configuring their gear to work with Asterisk.

In a "restaurant" environment, I'd be looking for some sort of faceplate
overlay to make cleanup easier.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST