Hi Bruce,

On 12/28/2010 10:51 PM, Bruce B wrote:
Thanks for the input. I can not replicate the situation as it happens
randomely or maybe over the weekend. However I have sent you all the
requested command and logs in a separate e-mail for your analyzes. The
only thing that stood out at me was the output of "lsusb -v" at the very
end where it timed out.

Since all lines didn't work I am to assume that both module went down
but per my diagnoses with "hwprobe" I could see one unit connected and
the other was not when the problem happened. Simply
connecting/disconnecting that unit or connecting it to another port
solved the problem and it showed up in "hwprobe"

This is an Acer Aspire Revo mini PC. I am wondering if the U100s draw
too much power? The only other USB connected device is the thumb size
wireless connector for the keyboard.

Acer computer:
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspire-revo-ar1600/4505-3118_7-33777218.html

Don't know if this will help - but I will butt in with what I have :-)

I've been using a Sangoma U100 adapter for about 2 years now. It is connected to a Compaq V2120 laptop (Celeron M 1.4GHz processor) which serves as my home server. It is actually the main reason I went for the U100 - as I couldn't add a PCI or PCIe card to a laptop to get the FXO ports I needed. I have to say I really like the U100 - I believe it is the only low(ish) cost USB based FXO interface on the market.

I have had occasional problems with it. I remember it used to just stop working - and the lights would start flashing. If I remember correctly - I went to Sangoma's website and downloaded the latest wanpipe drivers, compiled and installed them - and everything was ok after that. At the moment I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.9 and wanpipe 3.5.11. I can't remember what version of wanpipe was giving problems, I'm afraid.

I also found that mine doesn't really like to be hot-plugged - it just freezes the system with strange characters on the screen. But that was a while ago. Since I've learned it's foibles - it must be at least one year since I had to look at it.

Sebastian

Looking forward to your analysis.

Regards,
Bruce