And I think they're both small.

Solved: tcpdump showed no packets coming in, so I went to my DID provider's Website to discover to my intense embarrassment that the DID number had been set up forwarded to their voicemail. I got egg on my face for this one. I changed that setting to SIP/IAX and packets now arrive and go where they should. Two problems remain.

1. Still can't register my phone

The username and password are correct. I don't know what else to try.

2. Asterisk can't find the extension in my inbound context.

[May 23 18:34:12] NOTICE[46582]: res_pjsip_session.c:3968 new_invite:  voipms: Call (UDP:208.100.60.12:5060) to extension 's' rejected because extension not found in context 'voipms-inbound'.

I changed the name of the context in pjsip's  to 'voipms-inbound' and removed reference to '[mycontext]' from pjsip.conf and extensions.conf as they were superfluous. The endpoint section of pjsip.conf now reads:

[voipms]
type = endpoint
transport = transport-udp
context = voipms-inbound

The bottom part of extensions.conf (with the phone number obfuscated) is now:

[voipms-inbound]
exten => 3115552368,1,Goto(hello,200,1)

[phones]
exten => 101,1,Dial(PJSIP/yealink)

[hello]
exten => 200,1,Answer()
        same => n,Playback(hello-world)
        same => n,Hangup()

The idea was for any inbound call to the public network number to immediately go to extension 200, play the message and hang up, and you could still call extension 200 to here it from inside.