On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Mohammed Shafi <shafi.at...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Larry Vaden <va...@texoma.net> wrote:

>>> thanks, I will improve.
>>
>> I think your post was important and valuable because it pointed out
>> that "ath9k rate control is based on PER(packet error rate)" which
>> seems more sane than EWMA/minstrel IMHO, having operated EWMA/minstrel
>> for several years.
>>
> thanks! may be a particular rate control is not  always the best in
> all conditions/environment.

I think the basic problem may be the hardware has gone south or there
is something special about the M900 series because of the down
converter, perhaps.

Now that 24 hours have elapsed without an answer on openwrt-users,
I'll ask here:

Is there a self-test on the AR9280 (or whichever chip is used in the
Ubiquiti M900 series)?

kind regards/ldv
--
Larry Vaden, CoFounder