I would appreciate if some clarification could be provided on how the
chip determines it's tx power. I have reviewed the code and see that
when the card is initialized it gets the power level from the reg dom
and sets that value in the eeprom. Later when a packet is passed down
the value MAX_RATE _POWER is used for the txpower in the tx descriptor.
Can I assume that the actually power used will be MAX_RATE_POWER unless
a lower power has been set in the eeprom?

Finally and the reason I ask, is that I do not see anywhere in the code
where the radio tap field for tx power is used, would expect it to be
processed by the function __ieee80211_parse_tx_radiotap. So if I want to
limit tx power via radiotap I will have to parse it in mac80211, in
someway ensure it gets passed down to ath9k, and then make ath9k act on it?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

v/r,
Daniel Smith