On 16 September 2011 01:00, Daniel Smith <viscous.liq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.ath9k.devel/6597/focus=6610,
> which is very similar to what I need to do. The difference is that
> while I want to do per frame power control, I need to enforce that the
> power level coming in through radiotap is not greater than what is
> dictated by the reg domain. The only other item I need to confirm is
> if there is any correction need for the incoming dBm value before
> writing it to the descriptor.

I can't help with the radiotap stuff, sorry.

Yes, it looks like the TPC value being written to the TX frame is the raw value.
If there are any corrections that need to be applied, such as the -5
dBm offset in Merlin and later; CCK differences, some differences with
AR9285 calibration values, etc - these need to be written out too.

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment; just look at the code which
configures the current and the maximum TX power values in the eeprom.c
files.

adrian