On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:03 PM, Graham wrote:

On 26 Jan 2005, at 8:00 pm, Tim Bray wrote:

Hearing no objections, I modified the Pace to say the image SHOULD have an aspect ratio of 2 (horizontal) to 1 (vertical). -Tim

What's our story on favicons? Quite a few programs support them and most presumably do it by guessing the URI from the feed URI (or possibly downloading the home page and looking for the URI there). I think it's a hole in RSS that needs plugging by us.

I agree with that. It's something many feed producers care about -- I get email just about every day asking how to make a favicon appear in my software. And I always wish I could say that there's a way to specify it in the feed.

I would favor specifying that favicons should be 16 x 16, or at least that they should be square.

-Brent