On 28/1/05 4:03 AM, "Bob Wyman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Also, why limit this to feed/head, and not entry?  So that Atom
>> feeds will be easily convertible to RSS 2.0?
>
> Converting *to* RSS 2.0 shouldn't be a goal or even a consideration
> in any Atom related discussions. Only conversion *from* RSS 2.0 is
> interesting.
>
> If Atom is guaranteed to be convertible both to and from RSS 2.0
> then Atom can never be more than RSS 2.0 and a great deal of the effort and
> goodwill that has gone into Atom would be a complete waste of time.

but we shouldn't get spiteful about it. If it doesn't matter either way on
some point, why not allow compatibility? I'm saying it should be a
consideration and possibly even an assumption, but remembering that if there
is a good reason to go another route (and break compatibility) then that
trumps the case.

Lets not be incompatible for incompatibilities sake.!

e.