On 30 Jan 2005, at 7:06 pm, Sam Ruby wrote:

Paraphrasing Tim [1] "I'm definitely -1 on losing 3.5.1, the canonicalization warning is a hard-won compromise and seems to cause no-one any pain."

We discussed this at extreme length, and no new arguments have been brought forward. Rough consensus does not mean absolute consensus.

This is how PaceIdConstruct was accepted:

"Since then, we've had another flurry of messages, but I still think letting MNot take a crack at working PaceIdConstruct into a format-02 draft, then suggesting improvements to that, is the most constructive way forward. -Tim"

http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg08984.html

No rough consensus even claimed.

Graham