At the end of the day, the marketplace will work within the constraints of what 4287 allows; my feeling is that there are going to be a ton of extensions that will attach unforeseen metadata at arbitrary points with Atom documents, and implementations that fail to store these and make them retrievable will quickly be seen as broken. -Tim

Sounds about right. Where do we stop then? If the marketplace decides, is there a need to submit the FTE to the IETF? Will any extensions need to be submitted? Only Atom per see needed to be standardised in such a case.

- Sylvain