On 5/30/06, Lisa Dusseault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At the end of the day, the marketplace will work within the
> constraints of what 4287 allows; my feeling is that there are going
> to be a ton of extensions that will attach unforeseen metadata at
> arbitrary points with Atom documents, and implementations that fail
> to store these and make them retrievable will quickly be seen as
> broken.  -Tim

I find this to be a pretty compelling argument.

I don't find Tim's argument particularly compelling. It's crystal ball
stuff, and implementations are free to ignore *any* part of an Atom
document. In this case, it's another case of a WG member claiming
something is broken without a shred of spec text to back it up. If Tim
and others want that to be true, they have an RFC to revise.

--

Robert Sayre