Hi folks,

Quick question regarding the atom:author element in a member resource.

Say I POST an atom:entry to a collection URI, this entry does not have
an atom:author (which could be considered as not valid but that's not
the question here), now say that my app server does not have any
information as to what value to set when adding the atom:author element
to the member, do you think it'd be better to put an empty atom:name or
to put a dummy value such as 'anonymous' or 'n/a'?

I'm asking because I try to make sure that whatever the input is the
member I create are respectful of section 4.1.2 of RFC 4287 and I can't
decide which way to go when some information are missing from the context.

Any best practices from you guys?

Thanks,
- Sylvain