Mark Baker wrote:
> [snip]
> Isn't that just a case of people not implementing the whole spec
> though?  FWIW, if that practice is widespread, then I think the group
> should consider deprecating entry documents.  Minting a new media type
> won't help.

The interesting question is *why* haven't those applications implemented
support for Entry Documents.  My guess is that Entry documents aren't
particularly interesting to their use cases which is likely because they
serve a different purpose.

Entry documents serve an extremely useful purpose in the Atom Publishing
Protocol.  They serve a significantly less useful purpose for your
typical feed reader.  That doesn't make them worthy of deprecation; it
just means entry documents are different than feed documents.

> Or, are there applications which only process entry documents and not
> feed documents?

Wrong question.  APP clients process both entry documents and feed
documents but do so for entirely different reasons than feed readers.

- James