On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:05 AM Brandon Barker
<brandon.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Though I imagine for more "complicated" scripts typechecking/constraint
> solving may become the predominant portion of time spent among compiling and
> running code (at least in some cases). Though in this case, it probably is
> less likely to qualify as a script ;-).

>From a thread that Julian linked to, it looks like constraint checking
can be turned off for scripts:

-------------8<--------------
In case one wants to use ATS as a scripting language,
please include the following comment in the file containing
scripting code written in ATS:

(*
##myatsccdef=\
patsopt --constraint-ignore --dynamic $1 | \
tcc -run -DATS_MEMALLOC_LIBC -I${PATSHOME} -I${PATSHOME}/ccomp/runtime
- $arglst(2)
*)

I'd imagine leaving it on when writing it, but deploying it with
turned off for speed.

--
http://bluishcoder.co.nz