Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing what I believe is a well founded concern. I think the
easy solution is to use a bot that relays messages between Discord and IRC
:

https://github.com/42wim/matterbridge

I happen to be on some channels that use that solution, and it works nicely
: messages arising from such a relay are marked "bot" but keep their
pseudo, so it is really seamless. That would perhaps solve the privacy
problem (identity of users) though not the content, but I don't think that
would be a problem given we would talk about ATS, would it ?

That means reactivating the irc channel, and then have a go for it. Would
you find that an acceptable solution ?