I'm trying to restore my Apple TV.  I'm following the instructions
here: http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/PartitioningPatchstick
with the goal of restoring the ATV via the instructions here:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/ATVBackup.

I'm getting through the sudo ./install_parted.sh stage and I get
errored out in the make stage.  Obviously the plain jane parted 1.8.8
installed through apt-get isn't patched.

So, I can't build my partitions.

I really need to get this ATV back up.  Is there a way to build the
USB pendrive partitions on a mac?  I have one of those.

Did you try the various fixes mentioned in the issue. Seeing the actual errors might help.