Sorry for being such a noob.  I did some searching and found the item
with the reference to the new patch.  I d/l'd it and then installed.
It worked fine.  So, now I have the patched parted.

I did notice that when I checked the partition table that the Flag
didn't set as atvrecv.  this is going to be a problem, I think.  How
do I set the flag without rebuilding the drive and partitions?

Again, sorry about the post without search action.

sudo parted -s /dev/sdc unit s print
Model: SanDisk Cruzer (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdc: 3940479s
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start  End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
 1      40s    69671s  69632s  hfs+         primary