написане Tue, 02 Feb 2016 16:59:03 +0200, scootergrisen
<scootergri...@gmail.com>:

> Den 01-02-2016 kl. 17:43 skrev Yuri Chornoivan:
>> написане Mon, 01 Feb 2016 15:14:43 +0200, scootergrisen
>> <scootergri...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I noticed the following text during the audacity windows installer:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Audacity® is free, open source software for recording and editing
>>> sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and
>>> other operating systems. Learn more about Audacity... Also check our
>>> Wiki and Forum for more information.
>>>
>>> License: Audacity is free software. You may use it for any personal,
>>> commercial or educational purpose, including installing it on as many
>>> different computers as you wish. Audacity is licensed under the terms
>>> of
>>> version 2 of the GNU General Public License (GPL) as published by the
>>> Free Software Foundation. The full text of the license is also
>>> available
>>> when running Audacity, via the Help menu > About Audacity... command >
>>> GPL License tab.
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Is it possible to translate this text and where do i translate it?
>
>> No, it is impossible for now. The text is from InnoSetup RTF file:
>>
>> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/win/audacity_InnoWizard_InfoBefore.rtf
>
> I would prefer to not have the non-translatedable english text during
> install then to have it there.
>
> Its silly to use alot of time translating the program and installer and
> so on just for the user to be meet by english text right there at the
> beginning.
>
> Maybe better to remove the non-translateable english text from the
> installer until it is possible to translate.

Basically, what we need from developers is just a general consensus about
the inclusion of such translation.

If they have such consensus, you can translate the RTF file and I (or
someone else) can prepare a patch to apply the translation.

Nothing more.

Best regards,
Yuri