Re: new-look 100 dollar bill with features for the visually impaired

Yes, cashpoints are definitely a risk that I prefer not to take either. However at least for Natwest cards, I can just enter the PIN and get the staff to set up the transaction while I'm in the branch over the counter, which is almost as efficient. And, fortunately, my debit card is a Visa so I can use it as effectively as a credit card, directly. This is great since apart from the risk of a bad transaction (which I always avoid by going through Paypal when possible) I don't have to worry about carrying around a credit card or repaying its balance. This makes me a responsible member of society, apparently, but means I can't get into horrible debt like everyone else buying stuff I don't need. It was really very stupid of me to destroy my other one when it had such great reputation, and in the process lower my credit score. Oh, well. smile

[[wow]], I'm utterly astonished Lloyds would charge you for a simple EFT, which I'm sure they realise you could do yourself if you wanted to, without any charge. As I said though, if we simply eliminate the need for physical, dirty cash, it's cool. smile For now though we really aren't very equal as long as there are more cashpoints than there are bank branches or tellers. And, importantly, we can't check the value of any transaction be it signed or PIN-authorised. So, yes, talking cashpoints and pockets of cash, but really awesome would be micropayment transactions conducted between two points, like the handset of the buyer to the handset of the seller. This is what Barclays Pingit somewhat tries to emulate, though I never got an account due to their stupid security checks. Paypal also offers a mobile payment facility, though of course charges fees for the privilege. For the underground solu tion, it's bitcoin, which while it probably won't go anywhere by itself, will most likely inspire someone else to get it right within the framework of the financial and tax regulations. Then, effectively, we can initiate and approve transactions ourselves, which neatly solves all the problems.