Re: Apple: The Unsettling Rumor

As Nocturnus says, he asked the question. But I'll respond anyway.

@RTR_Assassin: no they're not, and that is indeed to Android's credit. Sadly though, at least when I tried it a couple of months back, you still need alternative views for doing fairly basic things, or scripts to make those views accessible. I don't mind if you're all right with having to limit yourself like that, but there is no way I could tolerate it. And yes, Nexus, of course. It's a 4, so with Lollipop is now starting to get really slow.

Edit: I just did some additional research, and it now appears that at least some of my information on webviews may be out of date. I can't tell what, though, but there is some word of webviews being more responsive in Lollipop. But I certainly didn't notice the improvements. Someone on the eyes-free list specifically mentioned webviews using a different method than script injection too. Perhaps you can tell us what changed in 5?