xbox 1 and payment information?

This issue still persists, and I'm seriously getting annoyed... now that I'm trying to get on the xbox platform and enjoy it, microsoft isn't dang well letting me do the most important thing... just one question. I have a microsoft account, and I have a credit card linked to it. Does xbox live require a different credit card or one to be linked to it that is separate from the microsoft account one? It still won't let me change countries or show the Canadian provinces. Yet my region is set to Canada... and I'm even using the canada site! What in the whole world of gaming is going on here? sorry for the rant, but this is seriously starting to tick me off...