Re: xbox 1 and payment information?

Update. Just tried to google the question, and low and behold... the biggest thread in the xbox forums had the least amount of useful responses. All the techs said were check your region, check your region, check your region. Everyone, including me, had already stated that their region was set to Canada and or the UK... and were having the same problem. the solution didn't even come from an MS supporter... after a years' worth of posts. lol Turns out apparently, the language that displays on the xbox site is always defaulted to English US, even if your region isn't... so you have to change that manually. That having been said, I now have my trial... and am figuring out how to get the KI season 1 ultra addon. I've found it, but it still says $39.99 and invites me to join gold at the top of the page. Does it not become free until the checkout process? Just waiting on my cousin to lend me his xbox 1... then to buy a converter to use my dualshock controllers. lol