Re: Adventure To Fate : Future Apocalypse (upcoming iOS game)

nolly wrote:

I have a promo code question. Since IOS 9 was released it is no longer possible to transfer apps from your IPhone to your computer. Supposedly the app installed on your IPhone isn't a "full" version of the app, but only the key components that is necessary to run the app on your phone to save space. I've also verified that it is no longer possible to do this. My question is if a person does not have the app stored on their computer after entering a promo code, and only has it installed on their phone, will it eventually show up under your purchase history so you can install it on another device?

I'm asking if it will show up in my purchase history later, and isn't showing up only because the game was approved, but isn't live yet. I just don't like having an app not backed up as there are some apps where older versions might be preferable (Audible) to newer versions. Then there is also the rare time where an app is no longer available, in which they remove it from your purchase history. So if you don't have a hard copy, you can no longer install it.

I should also mention that backing up doesn't solve the issue, as before IOS 9, it would transfer the purchases to your computer before backing up the files, something that it can no longer do for apps, or for certain no longer does for me.

Weird I'm not too sure about all that stuff. The app on your phone should be the full copy unless you are taking advantage of some of apples space saving techniques (which I'm not). Apple allows developers to shrink app size by just making the art assets for the app downloaded after the app is downloaded. They do this so if you are playing on an iPhone you don't download all the big files for an iPad etc. anyways I don't do this my files are pretty small so it's not something I need to worry about.

On top of that this game will always be on the store. Most of the games you see removed are because some of the big companies early games are too cheap and eat into the profits of their new games. For example dungeon hunter 1-2 were pay once for like $2. Dungeon hunter 3-5 were free with iap that you have to keep buying over and over to play the game.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darkblade 98 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector