Re: Adventure To Fate : Future Apocalypse (upcoming iOS game)

nolly wrote:

Okay, did more research and Apple did indeed remove app extraction or better known as "file transfer in IOS 9 for apps. What this means is unless you have a hard copy of the app on your computer, you cannot re-install the app unless it is currently in the app store. This is important for promo codes for apps that are approved but not live, because it will not recognize the app if you accidently delete it and try to restore it from a backup. I restored one of my other devices and when it tried to install the app, it gave me a message that it was not possible because the app could not be found in the store and/or my computer.

I know that was all long winded but I have never used a promo code before where the app was not 100% live, so I am just curious if it will recognize that my account hass it and will appear in my purchased list. It does show that I made a purchase on the date I redeemed it, but all it says is a date, nothing else.

Anyone have experience with this? It's not a serious issue, but it does make me nervous not having a way to re-install it if a problem occurs.

Yea promo codes are treated weird I can confirm it. When the first version passed review I used a promo code to put a copy on my phone I had to delete it because I was testing the newest version of the game. Then when I submitted the newest version and tried to find the game to restore it wasnt in there I had to use another promo code (even my old code wouldnt work and I didnt have it in my downloaded list).

anyways you should be ok I get codes every new version I release so I will have some more down the road if anyone loses theirs. The only reason they are kind of scarce now is because I have to send most of those codes out to the media for reviews this time around.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darkblade 98 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector